Today would have been your 59th birthday Dad. I still can’t believe you’re not with us anymore. It’s been 11 weeks since your were suddenly taken from us and right now it doesn’t feel any easier.
Today we probably would have popped round your house to give you your presents and maybe gone out for a meal.
These few weeks have been harder because you’ve missed so much. There had been so many times when we’ve said “dad would have loved this” you’ve missed;
- Jacks 2nd birthday party.
- Teen daughter turning 17 and finally getting a provisional license.
- Your granddaughter turning 18 (my niece).
- Your only great grandson turning 1 (my nieces son).
- Your grandson joining the army (my nephew) we know you were so proud of him and didn’t want to miss it.
And I can’t help but think of all the things you’re going to miss in the future. We have a few events planned this year that we were supposed to be attending with you and I know they’re going to be so hard to enjoy.
I have moments of feeling really sad that you’re no longer here but then I have moments of anger because you’re not here.
I miss you so much Dad and I wish more than anything that you were still here with us 💜