Half term and the school holidays are always expensive when you have children. Not only do you have to try and entertain them all day every day, they are ALWAYS hungry so your shopping bills almost double. As a parent of teenagers and little ones I like to think I’ve picked up a few tips on not spending too much but still keeping them entertained.
There are plenty of things you can do at home to entertain them but I find my kids are better behaved when we’re out of the house. So I’ve picked a few days out with the kids that don’t cost the earth. Most are free but some you may have to pay for parking. And I always take food out with me so we save on that too.
- St Nicholas Park in Warwick – So you have to pay for parking and there are rides that cost money but you don’t have to do them. For free you can walk around the park which is really pretty and big. You could set up a picnic and take a frizbee or a ball. Or they have a splash water area that the kids can play in and thats free.
- Draycote Water Park – Again you have to pay for parking but after that everything is free. You can take long walks which are very pretty or you can set up a picnic and take activities or they have a really large play park to play in.
- Coombe Country Park. Same applies to this one, pay for parking and then walk, bird watch or parks.
- Local park. If you don’t have transport then take a picnic and a ball/frizbee etc to your local park if its a nice day you can spend hours there.
- If the weather is rainy then get the waterproofs on and go for a walk and puddle jump along the way.
Do you live in Warwickshire? Any good free places you know? We’d love to find some more places to visit.