We have a few Christmas traditions in our house that I just love! They have changed slightly through the years as the kids have got older but most have stayed the same.
1) The tree and decorations go up on the first of December! The kids used to do this with us but now they are at school (obviously not Jack) Tom and I do it while they are at school. They usually get home before we’ve finished though so still do some.
2) On Christmas eve we leave milk and a mince pie for Santa and a carrot for the Reindeer.
3) We open our present’s in turn because when we let them just go mad they didn’t really appreciate anything. This way I get to see each child’s face when they open a present and they get excited about what the other person is opening. Sometimes if we’ve bought them a similar item, we let them open them together.
4) We all get Pyjama’s as a present!
5) We all wear cracker hats while eating our dinner.
6) Christmas eve we cuddle up on the sofa with snacks (chocolate,peanuts,oranges) and watch Christmas TV and films.
7) We go to family’s houses for Christmas tea. Usually my Mum’s and then Tom’s Mum or Sister’s.
8) Boxing day is always spent at my Dad and Step-Mum’s house.
9) The kid’s get one present from Santa and the rest are from us.
10) Each child gets some money a week before Christmas to buy Tom, myself and each other a present. I think this teaches them that it’s just as special to give as receive. And how to spend their money wisely.
Do you have any traditions? If so what are they?