I am so happy that is is finally Autumn! I know lot’s of people are sad to see summer go, but not me, I love Autumn! I love….
- The cool crisp air
- Wrapping up in cardigans, jeans, scarves, boots and dresses with tights
- Searching for conkers
- Snuggling under blankets and watching films
- Warming stews and soups
- Carving Pumpkins
- Firework and bonfires
- The lovely autumn colours
What are your favourite things about Autumn/Fall?
Some things seem to be all over the internet lately and everyone is going mad for them. But I’m not and I can’t help but feel alone in this. I just don’t get it them!
- Tom Hardy. Honestly unless his bedtime story gets my children to sleep, I couldn’t give a crap!
- Avocados. One word…gross. You can mash them, add them to something even sprinkle gold on them, they still taste like shit!
- Gin. I’m not a big fan of any alcohol really but Gin is awful.
- Pugs. I like the dogs, I like lots of dogs. Doesn’t mean I want their face on everything.
- Unnatural eyebrows. I generally wear my eyebrows as god intended. Occaionally when I do my make up I add a little brow gel but not in a colour that doesn’t match the rest of my hair on my body or bigger than they should be.
Who doesn’t love receiving flowers? I know I sure do! I was recently contacted by Prestige Flowers to ask if I would like to review one of their bouquet and there was no way I was turning that down!
The flowers I was sent are from their luxury range and luxury is definitely what they are! They came in a large box (which the kids have loved colouring in!
When I opened the box I was greeted with the beautiful smell instantly. I thought the flowers may be difficult to get out but actually it was really easy. The flowers were wrapped in elegant black wrapping. The bouquet are the most respectable avalanche red roses complimented with our finest foliage encased with golden orbits.
Once unwrapped the flowers were wrapped in a special heavily watered materiel to keep them fresh. I followed the instructions given and placed them in a vase. I put them in one of my own vases but later realised at the bottom of the box was a clear vase they had sent with the flowers (which can be added for £5.99)
I truly love the flowers and would definitely recommend you visit their site. The bouquet have not only brightened up my house but made it smell amazing and dare I say? Made me feel rather festive! I shall definitely be purchasing more closer to Christmas and encouraging my family to do the same.
*I was given the bouquet for the purposes of review but all words and opinions are honest and my own.
I love autumn, it’s my favourite season. As it’s my favourite I thought I would write an autumn bucket list of fun family things we could do throughout the season. And here it is…
- Collect conkers
- Carve a pumpkin
- Collect leaves and make art with them
- Have a Halloween party
- Make the kids a hot chocolate (including cream and marshmallows)
- Make a stew with dumplings
- Go for a long walk in the countryside
- Make chilli and jacket potatoes
- Watch a firework display
- Snuggle on the sofa and watch a Halloween film with Halloween sweets
I love to travel. It’s why we’ve been to so many places in the UK. We like to visit somewhere different every holiday. Of But course we sometimes visit the same place a couple of times if we really love it, but mostly we look for a new adventure. Now we have visited most of the UK I am starting to want to venture to new places abroad. I went abroad once when I was 14 and my daughter went to France with the school, the other 4 have never been abroad. I’ve always wanted to but it’s been more so lately. The only reason we haven’t been abroad yet is because none of us have passports (6 passports in one go can be very costly) but I hope to change that soon and start exploring! I am saving up and I am determined it will happen!
Whilst I am saving I’ve been looking at places we would like to visit and I stumbled across Clickstay they have 37,000 holiday homes (but increases regularly) in 71 countries so plenty to choose from.
I’ve been having a good look and thought I would tell you all my Top 5 destinations that I’d like to visit. Because if I write it down and tell the world, I’ll have to make it happen!
My Top 5 are
- Orlando (for obvious reasons i.e Disneyland and universal studios. It’s been on my list for a very long time)
- Madeira (Hot weather, long beautiful beaches, quiet and relaxing)
- Crete (This is the only holiday abroad I have had and I was 14. I’d love to go as an adult with my own children. I loved the culture)
- New York (sightseeing, shopping and broadway. I’d love to go with my sister)
- Barbados (again it looks beautiful and it definitely sounds like a relaxing place to stay)
When looking for a holiday there are certain things I look for.
- Family friendly. I have 4 children so that is definitely top on my list.
- To have lots of culture. We all love a beach but I like to get lots more from a holiday.
- Lots of places to explore and discover. I love nothing more than to get out and about walking or climbing. It also makes you not feel so guilty for all the holiday food that you consume 🙂
- Relaxing. Yes I do like to get out and about but we all need to have some time to relax. It’s mostly what families go on holiday for.
- If booking a villa there are a few points that I would like. Good restaurants close by (who wants to cook on holiday?) WiFi (I think the teenagers would hate me if I didn’t have this. Also I love to share my holiday snaps daily) and a pool (it would be lovely to have a at least one day in our own pool relaxing) Clickstay have lots of villas that fit these points perfectly!
They are my favourite destinations but I think I might have to start with closer destinations for us to get used to the travelling (and to get over the fear of flying) and make my way further a field.
Do you have a favourite place you have visited? Or do you haves dream destination?
*this is a sponsored post.
I am a bookworm, I have always been a bookworm. And the main books that got me into reading were Roald Dahl books. The humourus, creative and unique style that Roald Dahl writes in is hard not to love.
I love all of the books but if I had to pick my Top 5 it would be
- The Twits
- George’s Marvellous Medicene
- The BFG
- James and the Giant Peach
Now Harry is 5 he’s been enjoying watching a few of the films and when I told him they were all books, he was interested in reading some and bedtime. I would love to but for a 5 year old the books are a bit too long for bedtime (and he wasn’t happy with a few chapters a night) so I told him the stories from memory (whilst shortening them) and he has loved it!
Since Wednesday 13th September McDonald’s has introduced a magical Roald Dahl book in to each Happy Meal served over the next 5 weeks. Each book in the series focuses on a different character from three of Roald Dahl’s best-loved stories: Matilda, The BFG and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. The project comes as part of McDonald’s #HappyReaders initiative, which aims to increase book ownership amongst children and encourage both parents and children to find the joy in reading!
These books are fantastic for Harry. They bring the wonderful Stories from Roald Dahl’s collection but in a much smaller book so perfect for a bedtime story for us! We’ve read 4 of the books so far and have loved each one.
If you’d like to take a look at Peter Andre and his cute children, you can here
*this is a sponsored post.