When it rains it not only puts a dampener on your mood it’s also harder to entertain the children. I find entertaining them is far easier when the weather is nice. But the weather has only blessed us with about 3 good days this year so I’ve needed to think of ideas a lot.
When all the kids are at school its just me and Jack at home and silly as it sounds (with 4 kids) I still struggle to think of things to do with him. So it gave me an idea, if I’m struggling then maybe others are too. So I asked some friends to give me some ideas and this is what they came up with;
- Rachel from Mummy in Training says “Den building! Couple of chairs and some blankets & cushions. My 2 love it!”
- Alex from Lamb and Bear said “We painted pine cones last week! You could also use stones or sticks”
- Alyssa from Mummy to a Monster says “Stick waterproofs on and go for a walk in the park/woods. Doesn’t matter if you get wet as you are prepared for it and then you can have a nice hot chocolate when you get back. Bonus point is the park is normally empty”
- Kate from LesBeMums says “Making slime or your own playdoh using household items”
- Julie from Pondering Parenthood said “We love a sensory tuff spot activity!”
- Leslie from Messy Blog UK says “Puddle splashing! We go puddle splashing even when it’s not raining…we use our tuff spot”
So there you have it. We will definitely be using some, if not all of these. Do you have anymore to add?