I am still trying to lose a few pounds to fit into my wedding dress. I know a diet is not for everyone but the WW freestyle does work for me. I have spent many hours checking through the app what items of food are low-ish points so I can make breakfast, lunch and dinners from them. If it was me alone I was having to think of I wouldn’t be so fussed but as a family of 6 the last thing I want is to be cooking lots of separate meals so I wanted to have lots of ideas written down that were ;
- Meals we could all eat together
- I was getting enough and within points
- The rest of the family don’t feel like they’re on WW too
As you can imagine it’s not the easiest of challenges but I think I’ve got a few now that fit the bill and I thought I’d share them with you so you can maybe save yourself a lot of hassle 🙂 I don’t have photos because I haven’t been saving them I’ve just been adding them to my Instagram so if you take a look over there you will see a highlight named food and you can see all my meals in there.
- Brinner (breakfast dinner). I had Tesco reduced fat sausages (2) 3sp, Scrambled egg 2sp (for milk), Bacon medallions (3) 1sp, Mushrooms and tomatoes 0sp
- My favourite Pasta dish. I cut out the olive oil (as its high in points), Bacon is around 1sp, Pasta varies from where it’s purchased 6-9sp
- Chicken stir fry. Chicken is 0sp, all veg is 0sp, soy sauce varies but not big on points.
- Hot dogs. Tin hot dogs are 1sp each, hot dog bun 5sp, spicy wedges 5sp (128g) salad 0sp
- One Tesco steak pie 11sp, 1/4 tin new potatoes 1sp, veg 0sp, gravy around 1-2sp (Bisto reduced salt)
So there is just a small selection of a mixed range you can have. The pie one seems a lot of points but if the rest of the day is low points wise you should be fine and it’s a filling dinner. Do you follow weight watchers? Any you’d add to my list?