Having teens has its advantages (occasionally) as they can help out a bit more (after asking them for days) you get to be a bit more in the know about things you probably wouldn’t before and you can have a bit more of adult-ish conversations. But there is also a downside, and that is that they have the great ability of making you feel really old! For instance…
- When they come running in with an ‘hilarious’ video for you to watch and you just sit there straight faced. Seriously someone being totally dramatic about tasting baby food is not bloody funny!
- They start having a conversation with you and you either can’t keep up with what they’re saying or half of it doesn’t make any sense.
- When you say “who?” or “why?” etc and they reply with “you seriously don’t know?” And you just want to say “yes, I was just testing you” and instantly change the subject.
- You do homework with them and it feels like you’ve not done homework for 70 years.
- Your teen comes downstairs dressed (in something you would have worn at her age) and you tell her it’s inappropriate to wear and she needs to change.