I’m writing this is the hope I can help a few people. All of these I do myself and it helps us to have a great Christmas without the stress of no money come January.
I hate when people moan about the shops selling Christmas things in September because you may see it as being too early but sadly not everyone can afford to just get everything in Nov/Dec!
So here are my top tips to help save you money. Basically my biggest tip is to start in January. Here’s why…
- Buy presents in the January sales. Not all the presents you need, just a few. Write down in a notepad or diary a list of who you have to buy for and then you can mark them off as you buy so no over buying.
- Buy items in the summer sales too. Again follow your list so you don’t get items you don’t need.
- Start collecting supermarket saving stamps (I usually buy CO-OP’s) you can buy all your Christmas food with these.
- Start collecting points on your certain cards (I collect Boots points and Tesco Clubcard points) and use them in Oct/Nov/Dec for presents/food/wrap
- As soon as the shops start selling Christmas sweets, buy 1/2 items a week/month you will have plenty by the time Dec arrives