When you have kids the summer holidays can seem like they are never ending because it seems unless you pay for an expensive day out or holiday every day, the kids just never seem happy. I certainly can’t afford to do something every single day so I decided to list some things I could do with them that wont cost me anything (or very little) so I keep them happy and myself sane.
- Visit a local pet store. My kids see this like a mini zoo and can spend ages looking at the animals.
- Visit a McDonald’s. You don’t have to spend lots here, maybe get a hamburger or ice cream each. And most have iPads, balloons, soft play or little events on.
- Go to the local park. Maybe take a picnic and make it more of a day out.
- Find a country park or woods to take a walk and again a picnic.
- Google your city/town/village most places will have a ‘what’s on’ page and most will be free.
- Go on a nature walk. This can even be down your street. Google nature scavenger hunt and you will find plenty to print off.
- Have a science day. Pinterest a few science experiments you could do with items you have at home and try a few.
- If you have a good size back garden, make an obstacle course with objects from your home/garden.
- Have a water fight.
- Make a car wash in your garden. Give the kids some buckets of water and sponges and get them set on garden toys/furniture.
- Go puddle splashing.
- Make or decorate cakes.
- Play hide and seek.
- Make a fort.
Is there anything you would add to the list?