As you probably all know now, Tom and I are getting married in April 2020. We decided that we didn’t want to have a massive expensive wedding because that’s not us and honestly we couldn’t afford one.
As we started to book things we realised that planning a wedding really can be costly, even if you try and cut costs. So I tried to find ways to save money and I thought I’d share them with you.
- Ask family/friends if they could help in any way. Not money wise but can any bake your cake, make invites or make your bouquet? They could either charge you a lot less or do it as a wedding present.
- Can you make anything yourself? It really cuts costs.
- Have you thought about having your venue at a restaurant or village hall? They’re a lot cheaper and can be made just as nice.
- Use eBay or amazon for the your shoes, gifts, decorations, invites or favours. You can find some real bargains.
- Take a look at some high street shops for your dress/suit there are some lovely ones around and they are much cheaper than a wedding boutique.
- Have any of your friends/family got a really nice car? Wedding cars can be so expensive and if your journey is short, is it really worth it?
- Can your friends/family take good photos? My lovely friend Sarah at A Mundane Life has offered to be my photographer which has saved us so much money.
I can’t think of anything else. Do you have any other ways to save money?