Weight – 2lb loss
Points – 0 points left
Feeling – I was naughty at the start of the week and used all my weekly points but I rained it back in through the week and ate to plan and exercised lots more (more walking) and clearly it paid off.
When you have kids the summer holidays can seem like they are never ending because it seems unless you pay for an expensive day out or holiday every day, the kids just never seem happy. I certainly can’t afford to do something every single day so I decided to list some things I could do with them that wont cost me anything (or very little) so I keep them happy and myself sane.
- Visit a local pet store. My kids see this like a mini zoo and can spend ages looking at the animals.
- Visit a McDonald’s. You don’t have to spend lots here, maybe get a hamburger or ice cream each. And most have iPads, balloons, soft play or little events on.
- Go to the local park. Maybe take a picnic and make it more of a day out.
- Find a country park or woods to take a walk and again a picnic.
- Google your city/town/village most places will have a ‘what’s on’ page and most will be free.
- Go on a nature walk. This can even be down your street. Google nature scavenger hunt and you will find plenty to print off.
- Have a science day. Pinterest a few science experiments you could do with items you have at home and try a few.
- If you have a good size back garden, make an obstacle course with objects from your home/garden.
- Have a water fight.
- Make a car wash in your garden. Give the kids some buckets of water and sponges and get them set on garden toys/furniture.
- Go puddle splashing.
- Make or decorate cakes.
- Play hide and seek.
- Make a fort.
Is there anything you would add to the list?
Weight – 31b loss
Points – 0 points
Feeling – I’ve struggled this week. I’ve been on my period, have felt low and really not wanted to be on weight watchers. It’s clearly working but for some reason this week I’ve just not felt it. Hopefully next week is better. I think my scales buggered up last week and actually for 2 weeks straight I’ve remained the same.
We recently received the awesome Micro trike from Micro Scooters Limited. At first I was unsure because it looked like not a lot of bike. But as soon as we started using it we fell in love and now we use it all the time. We’ve used the pushchair once in 3+ weeks. Jack loves sitting on it. The only one downside was when I went shopping I had to carry everything I’d bought, ha!
It’s the perfect item if your child prefers to walk more but still needs something at times. Sometimes when I let him walk and I have the pushchair, because two hands need to be on the pushchair, I can’t always keep up with him and I always have the worry he might run into the road. With the trike I can let him walk and fold it up flat and pop it on my shoulder. That way I can still keep up with him.
It’s perfect for on the school run because it only needs one hand to push and steer so harry can hold my other hand which he can’t do with the pushchair.
I was gifted this trike and was not asked to write a blog post, I just wanted to share because we genuinely love it. It’s going to be perfect for days out in the summer holidays.
Weight – 3LB gain
Points – 0 points left
Feeling – so I’m not really surprised by the gain because we went out for teen sons 16th birthday an I ate what I wanted and I didn’t eat all that great the rest of the week. On it next week though 🙂